Bitcoin is currently the world’s best-known cryptocurrency and by far, the most popular. With over 81 million users across the globe since its launch in 2009, there is no barrier to the transaction of digital currency as it can be sent and received anywhere in the world.
This means that there is also no interference from banks or government or organizational controls thus, it fosters peer-to-peer financial transactions.
Currently, the finite supply of 21 million bitcoins worldwide has contributed to the exclusivity of this cryptocurrency and its volatility over time.
FACTS ABOUT BITCOIN
- More than 81 million people as of March 2022 created unique BTC wallets on Blockchain.com. That’s about 72% more than a year earlier and a 237% increase since 2018.
- Cryptocurrency creator Satoshi Nakamoto is thought to own 1 million bitcoins, worth $40 billion to $60 billion S. dollars.
- There are more than 270,000 confirmed transactions of BTC daily.
- Research from July 2021 shows that 89%of American adults have heard of Bitcoin.
- As of 2021, about 106 million people around the world use cryptocurrencies.
- By 2025, financial analysts say, the global blockchain market will grow by $39.17 billion dollars.
- 29%of all millennial American parents own cryptocurrency
There is no doubt that Bitcoin is a tremendously successful digital currency that continues to grow in popularity. As of March 2022, more than 2,000 Ghanaians have created unique Bitcoin wallets using the MYBITSTORE app, which makes purchasing Bitcoin possible. To join the crypto trading world, download MYBITSTORE App on your Google PlayStore or Apple AppStore and sign up for free.