According to the 2023 user data collected by Mybitstore, one of the world’s leading peer-to-peer crypto marketplaces, 32.21% of traders are reportedly 18-24 years old while another 32.76% are in the 25-34 age group.
Here are some reasons why young adults may be investing in Bitcoin over stocks:
- Increased awareness: Younger generations are often more tech-savvy and familiar with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology, making them more likely to invest in it.
- Attraction to new technology: Younger generations tend to be early adopters of new technologies, and Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are relatively new assets.
- Perception of greater potential for growth: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have seen rapid price appreciation in recent years, which can be attractive to young investors who are looking for high-return investments.
- The desire for decentralization: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies offer a decentralized system for transactions, which can be appealing to younger investors who value financial privacy and control over their investments.
- Diversification: Many young investors may see Bitcoin as a way to diversify their portfolios, reduce risk, and potentially generate higher returns than traditional investments.
It’s important to note that investing in cryptocurrencies carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. It’s crucial to thoroughly research and understand the market before making any investment decisions.